THE OWNER AGREES to insure the vehicle for comprehensive liability.
THE HIRER AGREES:
1. That he has received the vehicle free from defects or damage (except as shown in the schedule) and he acknowledges that the owner has no liability in respect of any injury or damage arising from the use of the vehicle (Except for the Owner’s obligation set cut above).
2. That the vehicle remains the property of the Owner at all times.
3. To refrain from prejudicing the owner’s rights in the vehicle.
4. (a) To restrict driving to persons named in this agreement.
(b) To pay the first ........................................................................................ /- of the cost of repairing the vehicle in the event of an accident, only when and provided the hirer has taken and paid for CDW at the commencement of hiring. This amount is the excess applicable after CDW has been taken and paid by the hirer.
(c) The hirer has not taken and has not paid CDW, in the event of an accident the hirer shall be liable to pay for the full cost of repairing or replacing the vehicle so as to return it in the same condition as it was in the commencement of hiring.
(d) All hirers shall be liable to indemnify the owner against any los he suffers in the event of theft, fire arising out of negligence of the hirer and any other loss.
(e) In the case of negligence, (Example: driving the hired vehicle under the influence of alcohol or driving the vehicle on the right side of the road or damaging the upholstery of the vehicle) the hirer shall be liable to pay for the full cost of damages.
5. To use the vehicle and accessories in a proper and careful manner and only for social domestic pleasure and business purpose and excluding:
i. any race, competition or trail or, ii. use for hire or reward, iii. drawing a trailer, iv. illegal purposes or carriage of goods, v. driving by person who is under the influence of drinks or drugs, vi. Use on the beach.
6. To lock the vehicle when left unattended.
7. To notify the owner immediately of any accident (even if vehicle is not damaged) fire or theft and to complete forthwith the police’s accident report form.
8. To inform the owner at least three (3) days in advance for returning the car before the contract ends or else a three (3) day cancellation fee will be charge.
9. To return the vehicle to the owner at the end of the hire at the designated place, in the same condition as it was in at the commencement of the hiring.
10. To pay in advance for hire at the rates charged as shown in the schedule.
11. To pay for all petrol and oil used, Fuel left after hire of vehicle is not refundable.
12. Not to take the vehicle on the beach.
13. If the hirer does not comply with any of the conditions
I. To return vehicle to owner immediately, II. To pay to the owner on demand any loss he suffers.
14. To indemnify the owner against any loss he suffers in consequence of any damage, fire or theft to or of the vehicle and any claims made by any person in respect of the vehicle whilst it is in the custody of the Hirer.
15. To pay any fines, charges, costs and taxes for any and all infringements of traffic, parking or other laws for which the vehicle, the hirer, or owner is responsible during the term of this Agreement, exempt however for infringements resulting from fault of the owner’s part.
16. Any loss of keys whilst the car is in the possession of the hirer will be the direct responsibility of the hirer who will make good the loss. A delivery fee may also be levied for its replacement.
17. Any abnormal damage to tires and rims other than a puncture will be the responsibility of the Hirer. Under no circumstance will the car be driven on a flat tyre, otherwise the hirer assumes full responsibility for any damage whatsoever.